Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Altec 806A to 806 8 ohm conversion...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member nelsondog's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 23rd, 2008
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Altec 806A to 806 8 ohm conversion...

    Anybody have any idea how to go about doing it properly and how much it would cost?
    Thanks for any help.
    Brian

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Altec 806A to 806 8 ohm conversion...

    Quote Originally Posted by nelsondog View Post
    Anybody have any idea how to go about doing it properly and how much it would cost?
    Thanks for any help.
    Brian
    So you want to change the impedance? Just order 8ohm diaphragms from GPA. Last I knew, the diaphragms were about $100 each.

    What do you have now? 16 ohm?
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  3. #3
    Inactive Member nelsondog's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 23rd, 2008
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Altec 806A to 806 8 ohm conversion...

    Thanks, I have tried to email GPA twice with no reply. I'm wandering if I should even attempt to go that way..?
    I have original 16 ohm now...

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Altec 806A to 806 8 ohm conversion...

    Quote Originally Posted by nelsondog View Post
    Thanks, I have tried to email GPA twice with no reply. I'm wandering if I should even attempt to go that way..?
    I have original 16 ohm now...
    In the past it was always best to call them. Recently, Todd said that he was going to be handling the emails, so if it's been awhile, you ought to try again. Your thinking that GPA is unreliable is a common thought among potential International customers. In reality, it's not true. I suspect answering countless emails has just taken too much time away from answering the phone and building/repairing drivers.

    If you don't "go that way" your remaining choices are NOS Altec, Radian, and cheap Chinese.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  5. #5
    Inactive Member battradio@'s Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2009
    Posts
    25
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Altec 806A to 806 8 ohm conversion...

    The cheapest way is to trade someone that has a pair of 8 ohm that wants 16 ohm .PM me we might work out a trade if yours are in the same cosmetic condition my 8 ohms are .
    OPPs didn't see you are in Canada ,
    Mark
    [IMG]http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu227/battradio/fcly.jpg[/IMG]

    Mark

  6. #6
    Inactive Member nelsondog's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 23rd, 2008
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Altec 806A to 806 8 ohm conversion...

    Mark, trading sounds like a good idea.
    So you are not interested because I live in Canada?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.